About Rotary Adelaide West
Adelaide West Rotary turned 50 in 2014 - chartered on 22 January 1964.
About 3 dozen Women and Men aged from their 30s and up make up our membership. We have opened up membership applications again, looking for vibrant people to join our Club to participate in and enjoy our varied activities.
We hope that you will visit us one day soon to meet our team and get a feel for the International network of Rotary and the fun local nature of our Club.
We assist our local and global communities, with Club members sharing their knowledge and experience to run a range of worthy projects to better our world! Plus, we enjoy each others fellowship when we meet.
Over the years our Club has donated significant amounts of time, money, products, expertise and passion to a wide range of causes identified by our members, including over $300,000 worth of cash and products to worthy local and overseas projects.
Below is sample of the variety of projects we've been involved in.
- Donated Food & Products from Adelaide Central Market Traders to support four Adelaide Homeless charities - over $80,000 worth over the last 5 years.
- Fundraising Concerts to support local charities
- Arthritis SA; Cora Barclay Centre; Minda; Save The Children
- Telemarketing to support ongoing projects such as Rotary Youth Driver Awareness (RYDA) and the Homeless.
- Fundraised for the Nepal Earthquake and Indonesian Cyclone victims
- Sponsorship of Art exhibitions
- BBQ's & Sausage Sizzles to support local charities
- Pyjamas for disadvantaged Elderly Residents in nursing homes
- Annual fun Movie days for children with disabilities or ongoing sickness
- more than $30 000 to international disaster relief
- Sponsoring students to NYSF Science career forums
- Sponsoring youth to RYLA leadership training camps
+ much more
We are proud of our achievements, including the financial and hands-on assistance we have given, as well as the many unique experiences had by our members.
Membership in Rotary is open to all who are interested in taking an active part in the community, and looking to make new friends.
Plus - FRIENDS OF ROTARY often volunteer with our projects. Our friends are community minded people keen to help, but without the time to become full members of Rotary. We greatly appreciate their help!
We welcome those who share our passion and
invite you to contact our club on (08) 7444 5086.