Homeless Food Project Going Strong!
Saturday 14 May 2016 saw Rotary Club of Adelaide West's on-duty team of John Barton, Xiufang Pei, Henry Pecanek and Cathy Chong collect these 3 full trolleys of donated foods from some 18 stalls from the Central Market that included:
Breads & Chesses from:
• Skala Bakery • Jagger • Wild loaf • Dough
• Smelly Cheese Co • Say Cheese • Atlas Continental
• Barossa Fine Foods • Feast
Fresh Vegetables from:
• The Mushroom Man • House of Organics • Bill B's • M&M Fruit & Veg
More than $300 of foods from this one day was delivered to three local Adelaide Homeless support charities:-
- St. Vincent De Paul (provides meals for 30/40 men per day)
- Salvation Army (provides meals for about 20 men and women)
- Homeless Mothers (provides meals for 1 to 6 ladies that may include some out-reach areas)
The project is most rewarding and has been running since 2010, with a roster of teams visiting the Adelaide Central Market on a fortnightly basis, providing some 3.5 hrs of volunteer time per person.
Rotary at work helping to support Adelaide's Homeless with our many thanks to these generous Adelaide Central Market traders.
Next time you are in the Market - visit their shops, tell them how great they are and purchase lovely produce from them yourself. Shop to Support the generous people who support our underprivileged!
Thank You!Find out More! Send us an Email!